Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live life as a demigod here at Camp Half-Blood!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello Guest, we wish you a very enjoyable stay!

A Dark Patch in the Forest

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BrokenRoses
BrokenRoses

Drachmas : 4837

A Dark Patch in the Forest Empty
PostSubject: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:09 am

I walk into the forest, my head snapping every which way to see if there are any monsters pursuing me. I finally find a nice tree and sit down, leaning my back on it. I turn on my iPod, and put my headphones in my ears. The peace was nice. Much better than the noisiness of camp.
Back to top Go down
WolfGirl
Co-Founder
WolfGirl

Drachmas : 2147488072

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:16 am

Ryder walked in, hands in his pockets, looking around. He was pretty confident that he wasn't being followed and if there were he could handle it. Ducking slightly under a branch, he pushed some Kudzu out of his way. Freaky plant, he thought, regarding it with disgust. It had no place in camp. Shaking his head, he almost tripped over a root that had been concealed in the leaf litter. Catching himself, he saw a tall, skinny girl sitting under a Cyprus tree, listening to an iPod. She had short, black hair that fell into her right eye for some reason. She had sky blue eyes, he discovered after taking a few silent steps closer. He folded his arms across his chest and leaned against the tree behind him, shadows partially concealing him.
Back to top Go down
http://fantasyworldmania.forumotion.com/
BrokenRoses
BrokenRoses

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:21 am

At the slightest movement, my attention would snap to where it would come from.I turn my attention one more time, expecting it to be nothing as always. This time though, there was a boy. I look at him closely. He had short black hair, and stunning green eyes. He was much smaller than me though. I just sit there, and hug my knees to my chest, just in case he might think of attacking me like some of the kids here found to be funny.
Back to top Go down
WolfGirl
Co-Founder
WolfGirl

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:29 am

She was probably four or so inches taller than he, but 'round the same age. She looked wary, so he smiled easily. He didn't think himself a very imposing figure, but she looked nervous enough to suggest that she expected him to attack her. Well, he did have a scimitar on him, but it was sheathed for present. Anyway, he wasn't the type of person to attack people for no good reason. That was for others to do. Trying not to scare her, he sat opposite her. "I ain't gonna hurt ya," he said, smiling at her.
Back to top Go down
BrokenRoses
BrokenRoses

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:33 am

I just stare blankly at the boy. He said he wouldn't hurt me, but how could I trust him. I hug myself tighter, waiting for me to hurt me or something. My mind was racing a millions miles a second, thinking of ways I could escape if he did try to assault me.
Back to top Go down
WolfGirl
Co-Founder
WolfGirl

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:38 am

Ryder sighed. She'd definitely had bad experiences with people before. "What'd you think I'm gonna do?" he asked her, sounding amused. "It'd do neither of us any good, and you'd probably easily overpower me in a fight." He wasn't a physical person, but he stayed in shape fairly easily. He preferred to use his powers more than anything else, combat not being his style.
Back to top Go down
BrokenRoses
BrokenRoses

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:40 am

I just stare at him like I'm trying to see his soul. "I dunno, maybe stab me then laugh as I cry in pain." I whisper almost inaudibly. My power sucked, so I would have no way to defend myself from an attack.
Back to top Go down
WolfGirl
Co-Founder
WolfGirl

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:46 am

"That'd be stupid," Ryder said, rolling his eyes. "Not only would I be covered in blood, but I'd also have to dispose of the body before anyone found out as well as the evidence. And I really can't afford to lose anything right now and blood makes me kinda queasy." The thing about blood was a lie, but he didn't want her to be afraid of him. He knew his own powers and knew that they were a lot greater than those of other demigods, but she didn't have to know that. He didn't like the way she looked at him, like she was waiting for him to try something dodgy.
Back to top Go down
BrokenRoses
BrokenRoses

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:51 am

I look away from his....pretty face. I snap my head at the sound of something rumbling in the bushes. "What?" I say, staring deep into the bushes. I could make out a faint shadow of some..creature. I stand up, and back off to a tree farther away from the boy and whatever was lurking in the bushes. I sit back down, and immediately understand why a monster appeared. My iPod. I quickly turn it off and shove it into my pocket.
Back to top Go down
WolfGirl
Co-Founder
WolfGirl

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:01 am

Ryder shot to his feet, scimitar in his right hand, eyes scanning the undergrowth. Damn his aura. Being a Titan kid wasn't all it was cracked out to be, you were lucky if you went a day without being attacked. Because he didn't want to freak her out any more than she already was and partially because he hated it when people found out who his immortal parent was, he did not summon his powers to him. Instead his eyes scanned the perimeter, looking for the monster.
Back to top Go down
BrokenRoses
BrokenRoses

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:03 am

I spot the monster creeping out of the bushes to the boys left. "To the left!" I yell at him. I was for sure that he would go into a rage, kill the monster, then kill me after. I scramble up into a tree, hoping he didn't spot me.
Back to top Go down
WolfGirl
Co-Founder
WolfGirl

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:16 am

It looked like a Hippalectryon, a creature with the front body of a horse and the tail end of a rooster. While his powers enabled him to escape and cause serious injury to the subject, they weren't exactly lethal. With a slight sigh, he brandished his scimitar and charged. The Hippalectryon neighed something that must have been intended to be a war cry; it failed miserably however. As it rushed at him, he nimbly sidestepped and slashed at its neck. It gave a hoarse cry as blood flowed freely from the wound. It turned back to him, beating the air with its feathery wings. Stumbling back at the sudden gust of air, he adjusted his grip on the scimitar. As it reared, he threw the blade. It sank deep into the chest of the monster. The Hippalectryon sank to the forest floor, kicking feebly and trying to get back on its feet. After a few moments, it dissolved into dust. Picking up his scimitar gingerly, he wiped the monster dust and blood off on his jeans and sheathed it. The girl had hidden herself in the boughs of a truly enormous tree and he walked underneath it, looking up. "It's gone," he called up to her. "Sorry about that... probably my fault it found us..."
Back to top Go down
BrokenRoses
BrokenRoses

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:22 am

I sat there, and pretended that he didn't see me. After a couple of moments, I decide that it is hopeless, and that I should face my fate. I stumble down from the tree, tears starting to form in my eyes. "Do it quickly!" I say through sobs.
Back to top Go down
WolfGirl
Co-Founder
WolfGirl

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:44 am

"W-Wha-What are you talking about?" Ryder demanded. He decided that giving her a hug would probably scare her more than anything, so he held his hands up in a gesture of helplessness. "Why'd I want to hurt you?" he asked, sounded slightly scared. What had happened to her to make her think that he'd want to kill her?
Back to top Go down
BrokenRoses
BrokenRoses

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:58 am

(Rayn) I start crying. He was yelling at me now. I didn't want to die yet. 'Please!' I cry out.
Back to top Go down
WolfGirl
Co-Founder
WolfGirl

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:02 pm

"Hey," Ryder said quietly, hurt and knowing that he'd upset her which only made it worse. He moved a step closer and rested his hands on her shoulders. "I'm not going to hurt you," he told her firmly. "Okay? Not unless you try to cut my head off or something - but can you please try not to do that? I kinda like me head where it is." He had no idea how to comfort her or anything; helpless, he watched her cry and wished there was something that he could do.
Back to top Go down
BrokenRoses
BrokenRoses

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:06 pm

(Rayn) I sniffle and look at him with my teary eyes. 'You aren't going to kill me?' I ask him. I didn't want him touching me, so I shake his arm off and run back a little farther away from him.
Back to top Go down
WolfGirl
Co-Founder
WolfGirl

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:10 pm

Ryder sighed and put his hands in his pockets for lack of a better thing to do with them. "No," he assured her, then frowned. "Why'd you think I'd even want to kill you?" He sounded as confused as he felt, but sympathy was underlying it. Poor girl. "Name's Ryder, by the way," he said. "What's yours?"
Back to top Go down
BrokenRoses
BrokenRoses

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:14 pm

(Rayn) I just stare at him some more. 'The name is Rayn' I whisper out of fear. The tears wouldn't stop though, and teardrops still fell at a steady pace. 'Most people like to find it fun to hurt me.'
Back to top Go down
WolfGirl
Co-Founder
WolfGirl

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:17 pm

"Why'd they want to hurt you?" Ryder asked, sounding bewildered. "What's the point? I mean - they'll probably feel like utter carp when it's over and it obviously makes you upset, no one's happy." She was still crying, so he fished a clean tissue out of his pocket and offered it to her. "No worries," he said with a quick smile. "I haven't done anything to it."
Back to top Go down
BrokenRoses
BrokenRoses

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:23 pm

(Rayn) I take the tissue and wipe my eyes with it. 'They thought it was fun to beat me up, so they kept coming back for more.' I explain to him through sniffles
Back to top Go down
WolfGirl
Co-Founder
WolfGirl

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:25 pm

"Jerks," Ryder growled. "You're nice too. What the Hades..." Mortals could be really nasty sometimes, especially to things or people whom they didn't understand. Whatever they'd done to her, it was hard to imagine that she'd deserved it.
Back to top Go down
BrokenRoses
BrokenRoses

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:31 pm

(Rayn) 'I was sent to a school where all the teachers and students were abusive to me. They have broken my bones, caused me to get stitches, and to get nasty cuts right down to the bone.' I hold my arm out and lift up by sleeve, exposing a long white scar. Just the thought of it all brought tears to my eyes again.
Back to top Go down
WolfGirl
Co-Founder
WolfGirl

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:35 pm

"Holy sh-" Ryder cut himself off before he could finish the word. She really didn't need to her him using language right now. "Gosh, Rayn, I'm real sorry 'bout what happened to you. Why didn't anyone try to help you?" He was seriously confused about this point. She was obviously a nice person, and wasn't that bad looking either. It seemed weird that everyone would just stand by and let her suffer.
Back to top Go down
BrokenRoses
BrokenRoses

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:43 pm

(Rayn) I started crying again, and my hands start to glow. 'I never got help because everyone there abused me. Not one person ever helped me until I got this. I lift up my shirt just a bit and showed him a huge X on my stomach. 'The people who did this to me didn't want to get in trouble, so they brought me to he hospital, and promised me more beatings if I told anyone the truth.' I stare out into the woods and let out a blast of my light out of anger and sorrow. The blast left me drained, so I sit back down on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Patch in the Forest   A Dark Patch in the Forest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Dark Patch in the Forest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next