Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live life as a demigod here at Camp Half-Blood!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello Guest, we wish you a very enjoyable stay!

Swimming in the lake

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Bluejay
The Bluejay

Drachmas : 4762

Swimming in the lake Empty
PostSubject: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 4:47 am

Eric Holt was powering through the water of the lake, his focus as sharp as an icicle and his eyes keen as a hawk's. He loved to swim. It helped him to relax and, best of all, he was alone, at least, for the moment.

Peace, and quiet.

He swam back and forth across the lake until he began to tire slightly.

He stepped out of the water and began to dry himself off. His scimitar was standing in the sand, like a flag pole, and Eric's shirt hung from it like a flag. He shook the water from his dark hair and laughed, his voice clear as a winter's day.

He lay down in the warm sand to dry off near his weapon and closed his eyes to take a nap.

Back to top Go down
http://chivalrynow.net/
The Helen of Troy
The Helen of Troy

Drachmas : 5055

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 4:49 am

Cassandra plopped down on the sand and yawned. She set down a small towel that she could tan on if she wanted too, though she probably wouldn't it. She sighed, it was pretty hot out so she might as well go in the water. She took her sundress off, revealing a Dolce & Gabana polka dot bikini. She trudged into the water, shivering, it was always cold when you first got in.
Back to top Go down
The Bluejay
The Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 4:55 am

Eric heard the splash of someone in the water. He raised his head slightly. Somewhere farther down the shore was a another person...she looked younger than he was...and she was rather pretty...

He rolled his eyes and rolled over. Whatever, he thought to himself. As long as she didnt attempt to befriend him, things would be fine...

To lighten his mood, he waved his hand and a mini snow cloud formed over him and began to drop tiny snowflakes on him. He smiled and lay quietly enjoying the coolness of his personal snow.
Back to top Go down
The Helen of Troy
The Helen of Troy

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:02 am

Cassandra smiled to herself, while floating on her back. It was always nice and quiet here. It was a great place to escape the utter annoyingness of her half-sisters. She swam back to shore and dried off.
Back to top Go down
The Bluejay
The Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:07 am

Eric sighed. He was bored. He rose off the ground and shook the sand form his hair. He threw his shirt back on and pulled his sword from the ground.

He might as well practice...nothing else to really do around here...

He closed his eyes and conjured a soldier made of ice with a wicked looking ice sword. Eric grinned and with a wave of his hand, he was clad in armor made of solid ice. He took his stance and began to fight with the ice soldier.

Back to top Go down
The Helen of Troy
The Helen of Troy

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:10 am

She narrowed her eyes as she heard a noise " Ugh " She hissed, looking around. She noticed a boy, who looked a little older then her, obviously a son of something to do with ice as he was messing around with an ice soldier. She got up and stalked over " Excuse me, I don't mean to be rude, but could you be a little quieter, some people are trying to relax " She said pointedly
Back to top Go down
The Bluejay
The Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:16 am

Eric sighed, and with a flick of his wrist literally disarmed the ice soldier.

He waved his hand his ice armor turned to mist and floated away, the snow stopped falling and all was quiet.

"Fine." It was not spoken rudely, or meanly. Just, a simple answer. He had never been one for small talk.

He jammed the scimitar back into the sand.

"I'm Eric Holt." He looked at her. "And you are?"
Back to top Go down
The Helen of Troy
The Helen of Troy

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:18 am

" Cassandra Jones, daughter of Aphrodite " She said, studying each aspect of him carefully. " I gotta admit though, that whole ice soldier thing was pretty cool " She said admiringly.
Back to top Go down
The Bluejay
The Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:25 am

He looked at her, almost as if his gaze could reveal her life story to him.

His eyebrow raised. "Daughter of Aphrodite? I can tell... I apologize for disturbing you." He pulled his weapon out of the beach and brushed the sand off its bronze blade and the sheathed.

"I dont know many people who tangle with folks like me, so i make my own competition" He meant the ice soldier she'd seen him fighting earlier. "You like to swim i guess?"

Back to top Go down
The Helen of Troy
The Helen of Troy

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:27 am

She blushed " Kind of, I prefer the peace and quiet though, not many people come here anymore, they usually flock to the beach in this heat " She said
Back to top Go down
The Bluejay
The Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:30 am

He didn't seem too moved by her looks, yet.

"I come out here for peace and quiet as well. I am a bit of a loner. Life's taught me that most people don't care for the company of a guy who can freeze you solid."

"Is it hot out for you Cassandra?" He seemed sincere.
Back to top Go down
The Helen of Troy
The Helen of Troy

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:33 am

" No, I enjoy the heat, " She said simply, truthfully the reason she came to the lake was because none of her sisters ever came here, they all went to the beach and she was sick and tired of them bullying her
Back to top Go down
The Bluejay
The Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:37 am

He nodded and sat by the waters as they lapped.

"It's a bit hot for my taste, but nice..." He looked out across the lake...

He made a fist and closed his eyes. He smiled and opened his hand. He made a small stone out of ice and with an expert flick of his wrist he skipped it clear across the lake.

He sensed something was bugging Cassandra.
Back to top Go down
The Helen of Troy
The Helen of Troy

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:38 am

She grinned " That's pretty cool " She said, " Do you come here often ? " She asked wearily. She winced as she thought she heard the mocking laughs of her sisters, but they were all at the beach so she obviously was hearing things
Back to top Go down
The Bluejay
The Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:41 am

Eric nodded and made another ice stone and tossed it to her.

"Yeah, i come here now and then. I like to relax and sometimes work out down here..."

He noticed the look on her face. "You alright?" He spoke cautiously.
Back to top Go down
The Helen of Troy
The Helen of Troy

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:45 am

She smiled and skipped the stone across the lake, she shrugged " Yeah I'm fine " She said absentmindedly
Back to top Go down
The Bluejay
The Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:51 am

There was a sudden clap of thunder as a storm began to roll over head. the wind began to pick up as well and the once calm lake became a churning black pit. It became quite cool with the wind whipping across the open water.

The rain began to drum down heavily.

Eric rolled his eyes. "Great."

He looked at her. " Well, you aren't going to stay warm in that..." He tossed her his jacket. " I can't get hypothermia. YOU, on the other hand, can. Let's get out of here." He ran over to where her sundress was and used his powers to draw the moisture form the rain out of them and handed her the dry clothes.

"Come on! You want to get sick and die of hypothermia?"
Back to top Go down
The Helen of Troy
The Helen of Troy

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:53 am

She threw on her sundress and gave him back his jacket " I can take care of myself " She hissed and wrapped her towel around her
Back to top Go down
The Bluejay
The Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:55 am

Eric said nothing. He moved with sure strides and then turned back as though he'd forgotten something...or someone...

"GERSHWIN! COME HERE!" He stood waiting for Gershwin to show up.

Last edited by The Bluejay on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Helen of Troy
The Helen of Troy

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:56 am

She stared at him, what in the world was Gershwin or who ?
Back to top Go down
The Bluejay
The Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:00 am

The giant polar bear charged out of the woods and straight to Eric. The bear seemed to have some sort of a saddle. Eric grabbed it and swung up and into the seat.

"Atta boy Shwin." He was riding a polar bear, of all creatures...a giant polar bear... Eric Holt, son of Khione rode the bear and his chilly aura began to turn the rain to snow before it touched him.

"Hey, Cassandra! Meet Gershwin. My one friend." He grinned.

Back to top Go down
The Helen of Troy
The Helen of Troy

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:02 am

She squealed " He's sooo cute " She said excitedly, reaching her hand out to pet him, she didn't want to charge Gershwin, she was pretty good with animals and she knew that they liked to come to you
Back to top Go down
The Bluejay
The Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:06 am

"CUTE? Gershwin's a huge, monstrous killing machine and and er..." He noticed that Shwin had wandered up to Cassandra and licked her hand. "Well, maybe...he's a big softy and i made the monstrous killing machine bit up..."

It was still raining.

"Shouldn't you get inside? You're soaked."

Back to top Go down
The Helen of Troy
The Helen of Troy

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:09 am

She shrugged " I'm fine" She said, petting Gershwin
Back to top Go down
The Bluejay
The Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:13 am

"Well YOU may be fine, but i dont like staying wet. Shwin and i are headed back to the Mess Hall. You can join us if you wish."

He looked up at the storm. He enjoyed SNOW storms...not RAIN storms...

He shook some of the water off himself and readjusted himself in the bear's saddle.

Gershwin was quite a fierce looking bear. But he seemed to get along with this daughter of Aphrodite just fine. That was odd indeed, for like Eric, Shwin never seemed to give much attention to people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swimming in the lake   Swimming in the lake I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swimming in the lake
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next